Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Europe > Montenegro: FL2 still a rare species - some questions!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
FreeGreen

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tonga Green
Montenegro: FL2 still a rare species - some questions!

Hello Everybody, from a new member in Montenegro!

I got my Freelander 2 Td4 SE Tonga Green (built in May, 29.000 km by today) just 2 weeks ago and drove it down from Germany to Podgorica in Montenegro. Excellent car, as we think, my wife likes the nice overview from the high seating position.

Here in Montenegro the FL2 is a rare species (still). As I learnt today from the official dealer just 3 cars were sold and I know another 2+mine imported ones - thus we are a small herd of 6 (eventually 7) Freelanders2 here in the country. Well, that means 1 FL2 per 100.000 people, as Montenegro has about 650.000 inhabitants only, we are a small but beautiful country Wink .

I use the opportunity to post a few questions, which you might be able to answer due to your experience in this forum, btw, an excellent exchange platform to learn more about our cars:

1. I read the posting about winter tyres from last year November in the "Russian-community". I got the VRDEDESTEIN Wintrac 4 extreme mounted by my dealer but did not have the opportunity to test it properly yet (still +15 degrees and sunshine here at the Adriatic coast). Do you know the tyre, is it okay?

2. I saw a picture here in the gallery about the "burning ring at exhaust" symptom posted by a forum member. Is there anybody else, who has already a burning ring or heavy rust at the final pot of the the exhaust system, as my car shows after only 1,5 years and nearly 30.000 km ? Is that a warranty case?

3. My car falls under the PTC electric Heater recall action P014, exchange of the heater due to problems with drain water from the air conditioner. Did anybody get the device exchanged already, does the heater work properly afterwards ?

4. Is there any member or FL2 driver from Montenegro or neighbouring countries such as Serbia, Albania, Croatia around in this forum ? I would really like to meet you for exchange of experience.

Best regards
FreeGreen

Post #33497 22nd Dec 2008 4:40 pm
Dougden

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Hi Freegreen,

Cannot help on 1, 2 or 4 but there is a pretty comprehensive thread on the forum menu "Technical" 9th post down for your item 3.
Also in "General" there are some reports of FL2 owners that are now having the PTC replaced. I have not had mine done yet as I believe that the new heaters have only just become available in the UK.
Looks as though the replacement is working well for those that have had it done.

Look for the 100a fuse tied to the battery lead - This will indicate if your recall has been progressed.

Good Luck Thumbs Up FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #33516 22nd Dec 2008 9:14 pm
FreeGreen

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tonga Green

Hi Dougden,

Thanks for the reply - the 100 A fuse is already tied to the battery, so recall P011 has been processed. Now I arranged the follow up Recall P014 (replacement of the heater) with LR here in Podgorica. So far, so good, we will see, how it works out.

Best regards
FreeGreen

Post #33593 25th Dec 2008 11:30 am
dvitezi2

Croatia 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

POZDRAV FREEGREEN,

DENIS IZ RIJEKE, UPRAVO DANAS SAM POSTAVIO SVOJ PROFIL.
INACE, CEKAM AUTO SVAKI DAN, 4 MJ. STAR, DOSTA OPREME I TUNIRAN NA 200 KS, POSTAVIO SAM PITANJE ZA KROVNE NOSACE, CINI SE DA SU U UK OKO 200 FUNTI, OVDJE PREKO MILJE EURA.
DRAGO MI JE CUTI DA SE DOBRA KOLA PREPOZNAJU I U REGIJI, U HRVATSKOJ IH IMA ALI NE PREVISE, VECINOM STARIJI MODELI.
NADAM SE DA SE CUJEMO JOS, POZDRAV

DENIS Thumbs Up

Post #92946 22nd Feb 2011 5:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sanni

Yugoslavia 

hi,

just for recording Smile

I am new on forum but not as a owner of FL2. I have FL2 from 2008 and I am very satisfied, OFC Smile
I find this forum searching HDC fault message explanation. So, I need to check battery or to wait spring Laughing

Post #131055 8th Feb 2012 8:20 am
dvitezi2

Croatia 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

Pozdrav iz Rijeke,

jos je par novijih modela ovdje u Rijeci, moj je 2010, SE oprema ali dodatno tuniran (vidi se razlika), zatamnjena stakla, krom bar pragovi...crni.

Prezadovoljan sam autom, visinom sjedenja i udobnoscu. Prije sam imao Hondu CIVIC Sport, pa me ubilo to nisko sjedenje i tvrdi ovjes. Zenu sam jedva nagovorio da se rijesimo Honde, a sad je i ona prezadovoljna FL2.

Ovdje u Hrvatskoj dealer je bio Tomic iz ZG (BMW), ali je nedavno prepustio (izgubio) dealership pa ga prezentira Ford (hvala bogu necu morati juriti u ZG za servise).

Za sada nemam nikakvih problema, citam (vecinom clanovi iz UK-a) pisu dosta o svemu, ali (da pokucam u drvo) nista od toga nisam primjetio na mome.

Srdacan pozdrav i uzivaj u voznji,

Denis iz Rijeke

Post #131057 8th Feb 2012 8:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mr Wolf

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Hi FreeGreen

I have a ful set of the Wintrac 4 extremes fitted to my SD4 this winter.

We have not had much snow this year but last Staurday was a test here as I live in the Pennines in the north of England with many steep hills which do not get cleared.

The Wintracs performed as I expected they would and I got over the Pennines from Yorkshire to Lancashire and back with no effort or worries.

Don't forget that winter tyres are not just for getting through snow as they are designed to work better in temperatures of 7 degree and below - cornering and braking in the dry or wet.

Post #131118 8th Feb 2012 6:34 pm
athelstan

Greetings to all you jolly chaps from Montenegro and Croatia - a hearty welcome to Freel2 Thumbs Up

Post #131149 8th Feb 2012 8:03 pm
Jon OS FCO

Bosnia Herzegovina 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Rimini Red

Just up the road from you, and will be coming down in the summer, so look out for me on your roads. Fair few FL2s up here with ICRC having a fleet and the German Aid bods GIZ also having a fleet....no main dealer at present though...which meant a slog up to Zagreb with a noisy rear diff when it packed up recently!

Post #221660 8th Apr 2014 8:24 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Lots of us here in the UK use the Vredesteins. A good tyre.

Post #221662 8th Apr 2014 8:34 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1