« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > North America > 2013 MY USA
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
USALR2

2013 MY USA

Hi All,

New poster here, I just wanted to know if anyone in the USA has received a 2013 MY LR2? thinking of purchasing, but would love to hear some first hand reviews.

Additionally What are they typical % discounts from LRUSA?

Post #164002 10th Dec 2012 9:10 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I know the 2013MY LR2 has dropped the 6 cylinder 3.2 engine and replaced it with a 240hp 2.0 4 Cylinder Turbo. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #165312 24th Dec 2012 2:18 pm
Roverdude

2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Baltic Blue

I test drove one last week. The interior is a big improvement, greatly improved nav system, really nice meridian sound system, ipod integration and voice control are really nice. Seats felt pretty much the same as my 2008 SE.

As for driving, it felt a bit quicker than my 3.2 I6 LR2, not by a huge margin, just a bit more sprightly. However, I did notice a little bit of turbo lag and I felt the transmission was working pretty hard to keep the motor in its' peak power band. Steering was good, brakes felt grabbier and less linear than my current LR2. I think the brakes will likely be a bit smoother once the car breaks in.

All in all, a nice upgrade from the 08-12 LR2. I didn't sway me enough to immediately trade up or anything, but it seems to be a bit more competitive in the marketplace.

As for dislikes, I've never been a big fan of electric parking brake, give me an old school handle any day. I'm also not a big fan of the painted trim pieces (lower bumper, door guards). I prefer the contrast of matte gray that you see on the 2008 LR2s.

Post #165494 27th Dec 2012 7:43 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1