Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
vibecy

Cyprus 

algalby wrote:
vibecy wrote:
algalby wrote:
I would take the Chinese ships of Mr, zeng, I would like to know from those who already bought it how it works, and you can install tomtom?
thanks and congratulations for the great forum ......
Hello everyone

Hello there,

You can't install tomtom as far as I know, currently only Sygic and Route66, work is being done on IGO8.

As soon as I resolve my problems with Sygic not working I will upload some videos for those interested to see.

v.

thanks, look forward
hello Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thumbs Up
where you can find this software?
IGO especially ...
THANKS

algalby (and anyone else who is interested in buying this unit),

My suggestion is to wait a bit more until I can provide a proper review of this unit, I still haven't managed to solve my GPS Navigation software problems (still getting SD Card Access Denied) and that is a showstopper for me. It's a 50% success using the Navigation software in this forum (two members got it right, for the other two it doesn't work for now).

If you are not in a rush to get something, hold on and don't make a rush decision until you read through all of this thread.

For now, IGO MIPS is a no-go as it still hasn't been cracked. A russian-speaking fellow is trying to make it work on MIPS devices, but still no results.

Currently only Sygic works for two members.

Even if you want to go and grab a legal copy of IGO or SYGIC you can't - I contacted both developers stating that I am interested in buying a WinCE MIPS version, and both replied that they don't sell WinCE versions to end users - only bulk/multiple licences.

If anyone else would like to add up some useful advise to this thread, please go ahead.

Regards,
v

Post #67795 5th May 2010 5:39 am
vibecy

Cyprus 

Hi all,

I have some very good news!! I managed to solve my GPS problems with SD Card Access Denied Errors!! Very Happy

The problem was pretty unexpected IMHO, but here goes:

An electrician friend of mine suggested to swap the new control box unit with the old control box unit that originally shipped with the GPS. Replaced it and everythings works properly!

So for those who have problems with SD Card Access Denied e.t.c. the problem is the small control box unit and not the main unit itself - Ms. Zeng was notified and their software engineer is working for a workaround as we speak.

I am happy!

Proper review coming up soon, as well as Retro-fit OEM Armrests guide.

Post #68813 20th May 2010 7:04 am
Gpedro

Brazil 
Re: Ann Zeng Sat Nav

Macke wrote:
Dropbear wrote:
Hi Macke

I have responded to your email regards Australian maps Wink

Dropbear,
Thanks for all your help. Go the unit working with the map SD in the internal slot. However after 2 days tonight when I stopped and restarted the engine 1 hour later the SAt NAv apparently restarted but with a blank screen as it seemed to respond to finger prods on the screen and I got voice messages regarding the route. I emailed Ann Zeng and she said I might have pressed the standby button and the screen had gone blank. I had not but pressing it and the other buttons did not get the screen back. I tried the reset as well with no result. Anyone any thoughts on this.
Macke

Macke,

I bought the Monitor CLH 7035. It happens that with little time of use the monitor presented operation defect. The enclosed video demonstrates the defect - The monitor not among in operation and the screen seems the film powerghost. Big Cry

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/Gp...7315-2.flv

Was the defect of her monitor same to that? How did you solve?

Ps: I am still awaiting an answer of MsAnn Zeng.

Regards.

Gerson

Post #69022 22nd May 2010 11:44 pm
irinel_g

Romania 

I send this to CHELE DIGITAL:

"Hello,
How are you?
Here
http://www.freel2.com/forum/
is a big comunity of Freelander 2 owners. A lot of them buy your GPS System and all have the same problem:
IGO software don't work. We try old version of IGO, nothing work.We contact IGO supplaier from our countrys and they told us they don't make IGO MIPS version .The only software we cam make run is SYGIC 7.5 but the maps are very poor. The latest version of SYGIC don't work on mips devices, so we have just IGO variant for most of the countrys.So you tell me IGO must work, Please tell us wat variant of IGO and please give us a tryal version or something to try if you tell us we can run IGO. I will post this on the forum and all your answer and we hope you wil solve ower problem. This is a good oportunity for you to prove you are serios company. Please don't disspoint us.
Here is one of discution: http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic3974.html
Best regards,
Irinel Gresita"

I wait for a answer

Post #80155 8th Nov 2010 11:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tuwana

Turkey 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Puahhahaaa,
Don't buy this device absolutely because it is very freak,it brings to me a very nervous person,it is very simple,old technology and unusable,I bought it one year ago ,I encounter many many problems,software,electronic,connection,gps module and antenna etc. for that reason I couldn't it even one day,so I throw it to dust bin.. Laughing Really I broke down it many parts ...I replaced it with a new 7 inch portable device,then I mount it dasboard.If you want I may send you Photos.. Off Road major rule:As slowly as possible, as fast as necessary!

Post #80168 9th Nov 2010 8:50 am
irinel_g

Romania 

Please send me fotos. I allready buy and install the device, I am already nervous but I want to try one more time Embarassed

Post #80198 9th Nov 2010 5:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
irinel_g

Romania 

I put here the conversation with CHELE DIGITAL:

"Hello,
How are you?
Here
http://www.freel2.com/forum/
is a big comunity of Freelander 2 owners. A lot of them buy your GPS System and all have the same problem:
IGO software don't work. We try old version of IGO, nothing work.We contact IGO supplaier from our countrys and they told us they don't make IGO MIPS version .The only software we cam make run is SYGIC 7.5 but the maps are very poor. The latest version of SYGIC don't work on mips devices, so we have just IGO variant for most of the countrys.So you tell me IGO must work, Please tell us wat variant of IGO and please give us a tryal version or something to try if you tell us we can run IGO. I will post this on the forum and all your answer and we hope you wil solve ower problem. This is a good oportunity for you to prove you are serios company. Please don't disspoint us.
Here is one of discution: http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic3974.html
Best regards,
Irinel Gresita"

Hi Mr. Irinel,

IGO can run on our unit really. And we have bought 500pcs Brazil from IGO.

2010-11-09

My answer:
"I don't argue with you about that, but we ask you to help us to find a IGO version who can run on your device. I told you, we call distributer from our country and they told us the current version don't work on MIPS devices, so mabe your brazilian clients run some modificated or special version. I think is very simple to you to contact unless one of the 500 clients to ask them a copy or a link to help us make the device useful.We don't ask you maps, we ask just the software who can start on your system and we wil put the maps. Some people from our forum belive is about resolution, IGO can support your device rezolution. So, please contact a client who run IGO on your device, or put us in touch with one of this person becouse I am sure is a older version or something modified in the software.I understand from the mail you received a version from one of your client. Why you don't send to us?
Best regards,"

I count on your support....They must now we are unsatisfied of his support

Post #80202 9th Nov 2010 5:35 pm
vibecy

Cyprus 

Hi all!!! Just to let you know that a solution has been found for IGO 8.3 FINALLY!!!

http://4pna.com/showthread.php?t=10574

Also works with DimkaWERTVRV skin, flawlessly!! Very Happy

Post #137732 26th Mar 2012 6:14 pm
alex_pescaru

Thank you very much for pointing it out for us!
Did you try it? From your sayings I believe you did...
It's an easy install? And steps to follow?
From where to get the maps?

Thanks again!

Post #137759 26th Mar 2012 8:32 pm
vibecy

Cyprus 

Hello again,

I have uploaded the MIPS version with the DimkaWertVRV skin implemented. Since the rar file was 320mb, I had to split it into four parts. The mirrors can be found below, and the links should be interchangeable (meaning you can download part1 from provider X, part 2 from provider Y and so on, if you want). Wait for the results to show after "Fetching Links" for the actual links:

http://mir.cr/1H81WLD8
http://mir.cr/09TUJHJK
http://mir.cr/0QIPGCCH
http://mir.cr/0VZVSNKH

Installation is dead-simple - just unrar everything on an SD card and you are good to go!

For Greek-speaking users, keep everything as it is. For non-Greek speaking users, delete all the contents of the save file. You can also search for menu languages, as well as speaking languages on the internet for igo 8.3.2.

If you delete the items within the save folder, I would suggest you change the colour scheme to GPSPocketPC-Real (Day and Night) via the configuration menu.

The latest maps/POI's/DEM/3DL for Cyprus are included in the package. For other countries, the latest maps can be found here:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/igo-maps/1...urope.html

New maps can be updated in content\map , POI's in content\poi and so on.

Since the Dimka skin is pretty advanced, it's also a good idea to read through it's manual as well to understand the functions it offers. The manual can be found here:

http://www.igo8mods.com/igo8%20manual%20v1.0.pdf

In addition, the MENU and STANDBY buttons do not work whilst inside the application. What you can do, is click on EXIT button on the screen (lower right corner on main menu) and it will give you an option to minimize it.

On a final note, the vanilla version ("skinless") DOES NOT support driver alerts, but they have been implemented via the Dimka skin, that's also one of the reasons I am using it.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Thank you and enjoy Smile

Post #137820 27th Mar 2012 8:50 am
alex_pescaru

Nice, but I have a couple of questions...
1. From where did you adjust the volume?
2. How can you set it, in 2D mode, in Head Up mode, not North Up as it shows by default?
3. How can you adjust the GPS COM port and COM port speed? I'd had to edit the sys.txt file for that... In the GPS screen there are only "Back" and "Help" buttons...
4. How can you get rid of that waiting screen at start-up where it tells you how dangerous is to operate the unit while driving?

Post #137857 27th Mar 2012 3:04 pm
vibecy

Cyprus 

alex_pescaru wrote:
Nice, but I have a couple of questions...
1. From where did you adjust the volume?
2. How can you set it, in 2D mode, in Head Up mode, not North Up as it shows by default?
3. How can you adjust the GPS COM port and COM port speed? I'd had to edit the sys.txt file for that... In the GPS screen there are only "Back" and "Help" buttons...
4. How can you get rid of that waiting screen at start-up where it tells you how dangerous is to operate the unit while driving?

Hi Alex!

From your response I suspect you are using the "vanilla" version.. Just to let you know that the skin I am using above gives a whole lot more useful options as I fiddled with things here and there to make it look and work better.

To answer your questions:

1:
[sound]
use_os_volume=1
os_volume=255

2. No idea mate, I guess you have to search into forums for a parameter in sys.txt

3. I am defining them directly in my sys.txt.. show_gps_config=1 should also do the trick without including the lines below:
[gps]
port = 1
baud = 9600

4. drive_carefully=0

Anyway, here is my sys.txt which should go under the \NaviOne folder, and it will clear some points:

Quote:

[interface]
show_exit=1
show_gps_config=1
show_minimize=1
shutdown_time=0
maxzoom2d=6000000
width=800
height=480
vga=0
drive_carefully=0
skin="ui_igo8"
theme="skin\diMkaWertVRV_1147.zip"

[screen]
menu_animation=0

[rawdisplay]
driver="gdi"
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
autoconfig = 1
highres=0

[gps]
port = 1
baud = 9600

[debug]
enable_buildings=1
show_hnr=1
skip_eula=1
autosave=1
earth=1
speedcam_enabled=1

[modules]
IBATTERY="NULL_BATTERY"

[sound]
use_os_volume=1
os_volume=255

[debug]
enable_buildings=1

[map]
3d_buildings=1
3d_landmarks=1

Did you find the maps of Romania or do you need help?

Thanks,
vibecy

Post #137862 27th Mar 2012 3:42 pm
alex_pescaru

Thank you for your input!

Setting show_gps_config=1 didn't make the program to show me the GPS config menu. But I believe I will settle with how it is as you don't need to configure the GPS port too often.

Regarding the sound volumes, I found out that if you long press the "speaker" button on the "Night Building Sound" settings, the volume settings menu appears.

Yes, I've found out the Romanian maps, thank you!

Post #137900 27th Mar 2012 8:13 pm
irinel_g

Romania 

Hello alex,
I can't download the files. Can you send me the files on irinel_gresita2000@yahoo.com by transfer.ro? Thank you very much.

Post #139430 11th Apr 2012 9:50 pm
irinel_g

Romania 

Hello alex,
I can't download the files. Can you send me the files on irinel_gresita2000@yahoo.com by transfer.ro? Thank you very much.

Post #139431 11th Apr 2012 9:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>