« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Courier Network > Assistance in moving a trailer base
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
v40mav

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Tambora Flame
Assistance in moving a trailer base

I’m looking to see if it is possible to get this Caravan Chassis brought up from Umberleigh North Devon postcode area EX37 to EH54 area or even part way

Background

Livingston Round Table – have a “santa sleigh” that was built on an old caravan base. -

We are doing some general tidying ahead of the festive period – and on looking at the chassis – It’s nearly on its last legs – and springs / shocks – etc – these are knackered –

I have tried to find replacements – but so far cannot find any- The brakes are beyond economic repair.

One option is to lift the sleigh onto a new chassis – hence post – I was looking on ebay and saw this one cheap – and also Galvanised – which should last a few more years. >> ebay link

There are others on the web but as a charity and trying to minimise any costs this looks a good option. All funds raised from the collections at Christmas is put back into the local community – Last year we raised over Ł4300 – and want to exceed that this year –

http://www.livingston.roundtable.co.uk/galleries/

&feature=related

I have not bought the trailer yet as I wanted to find out if it is possible to get this moved first -
If you think you can help –either by assisting in the transport north or can suggest ways to get ths moved - please let me know asap –

Email – hasteele68 at Hotmail.com

Also posted on Disco3 T defender2

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Disco 3 HSE

Defender Puma 110

Freelander 2 HSE

Post #115494 2nd Oct 2011 7:52 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

try shiply.com they can get things moved for amazingly low prices.

you can use my farmyard as a halfway point if needed 4 miles off A1 just north of York..... rent free Shocked At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Last edited by chicken george on 2nd Oct 2011 8:12 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #115505 2nd Oct 2011 8:09 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Would it not be easier to get a trailer locally and buy some mdf, speakers and a tin of red paint Idea Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #115506 2nd Oct 2011 8:11 pm
v40mav

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Tambora Flame

npinks wrote:
Would it not be easier to get a trailer locally and buy some mdf, speakers and a tin of red paint Idea

Been looking locally and none suitable that I can find - there are lots of "rusting ones available" - The bodywork ( Ply etc ) is spot on it's just the trailer chassis that is knackered - If I could find a good galvanised chassis - (cheap ) that was closer and time wasn't such an issue I would - We need the sleigh ready to run on 1st December

Quote:
you can use my farmyard as a halfway point if needed 4 miles off A1 just north of York..... rent free
- Thanks Thumbs Up -

I've asked for a quote via shiply- but suspect it may be too expensive- Disco 3 HSE

Defender Puma 110

Freelander 2 HSE

Post #115521 2nd Oct 2011 8:45 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1